The advanced menu contains a number of useful features that are not required daily.
- View Identity
- Display a few public details about your wallet, such as the XPUB and the fingerprint.
- Upgrade the firmware on the Coldcard, using MicroSD. Also shows version numbers.
- Save your wallet seed and settings into an encrypted MicroSD file.
- MicroSD Card
- Manage files on the MicroSD card, and other functions related to the card.
- Paper Wallets
- Create a paper Bitcoin wallet.
- Address Explorer
- View payment addresses, and optionally save them to a MicroSD card.
Video: Address Explorer
- Derive Entropy
- Create and export deterministic entropy for other wallet systems (BIP-85).
- Danger Zone
- Developer-only features and things you shouldn't do.
"Danger Zone" Menu
The advanced menu contains a sub menu labeled the "Danger Zone":
These are rarely-used commands that have the potential to affect your Bitcoin holdings. Use them with caution.
- Debug Functions
- Test some error cases, such as exceptions. Mostly harmless.
- Lock Down Seed
- Convert BIP-39 seed phrase and password to a BIP-32 wallet.
- View Seed Words
- Shows warning screen, and then displays the 24 seed words on the Coldcard screen. If defined, the BIP-39 passphrase is also shown.
- Destroy Seed
- Forget the seed words, and all hope of recovering your funds! There is a confirmation screen.
- I Am Developer
- Enable various debuging modes and features for MicroPython programmers and experimentors.
- Wipe Patch Area
- Wipe and rebuild a small internal filesystem that can be used to store extra code/features. Harmless.
- Perform Selftest
- Starts the factory self-test, which will clear the settings.
- Set High-Water
- Records a new minimum version number for future upgrades and prevents downgrades below current version.
- Testnet Mode
- Allows you to select which blockchain, mainnet or testnet.